Produced as a result of the Developing a Managed Operational Services Model webinar, this report explores from the perspectives of leading operations, middle office, and investment officers, the key considerations when contemplating the outsourcing of critical functions, responsibilities, and deliverables to a third-party for the first time or to a greater extent. The webinar will offer participants the opportunity not only to hear from respected investment industry practitioners but also to question them on their views and approaches.
Discussion points include:
- Examining the benefits of co-sourcing and outsourcing and how a firm creates a framework and partnership to better serve operations, data governance, risk management, and compliance
- Exploring at which stage of a firm’s lifecycle they should evaluate outsourcing options to alleviate the operational burden of legacy system workarounds
- How to evaluate a managed services provider’s offering and balance different stakeholder demands
- Obtaining buy-in across the organisation when adopting the Managed Services approach including the issues of control and oversight
- Considering how managed services can help meet the demand of investor transparency with a flexible offering focused on reporting and client communication