STRATEGY AND AIMS
1.1 INTERVIEW: Assessing temporal triggers: strategies for the glide path to end point and when to initiate a buyout transaction
- Peter Jennings, Business Development Manager, Defined Benefit Solutions
PYSCHOLOGY AND MANAGING PERCEIVED RISKS
2.1 INTERVIEW: Improving the modelling of member behaviour and understanding nuanced changes that will effect de-risking plans
- Tim Culling, Director, Zurich Financial Services
2.2 INTERVIEW: What can we learn from consumer psychology principles to best manage member communications in the face of economic and market adversity.
- Proposed: Dan Ariely, Specialties: Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Experimentation, MIT Sloan School of Management
2.3 ROUND TABLE: Understanding behavioural finance and investment psychology in the face of high market stress events – how to develop the investment team approach for optimal long-term benefits
- Mathew Croft, Conference producer, Clear Path Analysis
- Dinesh Visavadia, Director, Independent Trustee Services
- Proposed: Ian McKnight, Chief investment officer, Royal Mail
- Proposed: Kathryn Mikells, Chief finance officer, Diageo
3.1 INTERVIEW: Equities, bonds and alternatives: how to develop the best portfolio mix as part of the glide path approach?
- Michael Clark, Director, CBC Pension services
3.2 INTERVIEW: Sourcing the optimal balance between risk protection and growth focussed assets in a portfolio designed for yield generation
- Proposed: TBC
3.3 ROUND TABLE: “Di-wors-ification”: are risk/return trade-offs being worsened by over diversification of portfolios and why is this occurring?
- Mathew Croft, Content producer, Clear Path Analysis
- Nikesh Patel, Head of Investment Strategy, CIO and Trustee, Kempen Capital Management UK
- Proposed: Inder Dhingra, Chairman, NED and Independent Pensions Trustee, Lloyds
- Proposed: Robert Waugh, Chief Investment Officer, RBS pension fund
3.4 INTERVIEW: As we move into a post Covid-19 world, should there be greater consideration of reactive plans within the investment strategy to market events?
- Proposed: David Adkins, Head of Investment Strategy at Lloyds Banking Group
4.1 INTERVIEW: Climate change and ESG are not on pause. Now is the time to be building ESG into pension scheme portfolios.
- Proposed: Doug Heron, Chief Executive Officer at Lothian Pension Fund
4.2 INTERVIEW: Moving into a new era post Covid-19 fallout, looming and uncertain EU – UK trade deal, an EU set for record recession, and a US election. How can DB pension funds schemes best position themselves for an uncertain future?
- Proposed: Jeff Sayers, Managing Director of Pensions & Investments for Lloyds Banking Groupl